Content Distribution is not as complex as it sounds, it simply refers to any means by which brands can target their audience by disseminating their content or distributing it properly. Content is the backbone of a business, simple mere words, can make or break a business. One can easily target the audience if the right approach is followed and a perfect amalgamation of words is used. There are numerous platforms for content distribution and are no doubt, increasing day by day.
When you start a business, you are stuck in a cycle of continuous content creation, it is the thing that attracts your customers, but the question comes, after all this hassle, ‘Is your content reaching the right audience?’ This can be achieved easily with the help of proper content distribution. There is no purpose in running a business, if the people who are sitting out there in the world and need your business, are not getting it. There is no return on the investments if the content created by your company is not reaching the perfect readers or viewers. It has become so hard to accomplish this goal and focus on the right audience, as there is an oversaturation of content on various clone websites, that look identical to each other. Apart from that, another hurdle is the ever-increasing difficulty of getting some traffic on the website, as most social networks expect.
WHAT ARE THE CONTENT DISTRIBUTION APPROACHES THAT ONE MUST KNOW?
But not to worry now, the following approaches will help you to understand the content distribution and will help you to appeal to your customers, which is consequently the key to success.
- Know your Audience- The suitable way to create content that will focus on earning the widest distribution starts with the fact that you know your target audience. You have a clear idea as to what kind of people will be interested in availing your services or your products. This can be done by creating some customer journey maps and audience personas, that will help you understand what your audience demands. Furthermore, it will also help you to decide what kind of content distribution channels will suit you the best.
- Try to use paid and organic distribution channels strategically- Sometimes, the paid channels, like social media ads and Google ads can do what you are lacking and can be a bridge between your target audience and your business. They can help you reach a wider audience and can also drive traffic to your website. Some organic channels like email marketing, SEO, and social media marketing are great for driving engagement and content, but at the same time, they need time and effort to build a loyal audience.
- You can also collaborate with partners and influencers- This strategy will help you reach a new audience, they can open new doors for your business but there is a slight screening here. You have to make sure that you are choosing partners who align with your business, and its values, as it will make sense for your audience. If not the same species, you must follow the same genus, so that, the target audience is also in the same category. This will, in turn, build a mutually beneficial partnership and you will thank for this in the long term.
- Recycle your content –As we all know that today is the age of globalization and changes are occurring constantly. You may want to create the content from scratch, though it can be resource-intensive and time-consuming, at the same time, will improve your websites and your approaches, or you can also modify the existing content in various other channels and formats.
- You can also create a social media calendar- As we all know posting content as likely will not help you if nothing is planned. You can plan with the help of a social media calendar; it will help you get everything on track and organized. You can segregate as to which pieces of content to be used on what occasion. A social media calendar will help you attain a bird’s eye view of your content distribution model, and you will get to know the areas you have been neglecting or over-published.
- Create some shareable content- If you are willing for your content to be shared, you have to make some creative and shareable content. People typically share that type of content, which will either help others or make themselves look good. You can keep that thing in mind while creating any type of content. There are several different helpful guides, templates, and valuable stats, which can be proven to be great ways to earn shares. Whatever content is created by your company, make sure that it is visually appealing, directly related to the brand, and easy to digest. Instead of going for complex long sentences, go for simple short sentences.
- Distribute your content and make sure to tailor that content to every platform- It is the time to take some benefit from the paid channels, they will help you to gain some attention, therefore, when a person will be directed towards your business, he has to know, that this business will benefit him. People like to know what to expect when they are opening a particular social channel.
- Measure your results always- After doing all the hard work and putting in the best efforts, you have to measure the effectiveness of the same. It is the time when you check if your goals are being accomplished or at least, are on the way to accomplishment. For instance, if you are using social media ads, Instagram analytics can help you to see the engagement.
- You need to understand that content marketing and content distribution are not the same things- There is a difference in the way to target the audience and the objectives as well. Content marketing focuses on sharing information regarding your business in public, without targeting any specific group of people, it is done generally, but on the other side, content distribution is all about targeting a particular audience and sending the content to them. For example, if a person is interested in medicine and searches for some online, then your ads of a pharmaceutical company will start displaying to him. This is called content distribution. But when your business is just being published out there to everyone, people who need it and to those also, who are not, it is called content marketing.
- Podcasts- Last but not least, podcasts, which were not as popular as they are in the present age. It is like a series of audio records where the content can be listened to one after the other. There are a lot of benefits of podcasts such as they are on trend and around 165 million people now, have listened to a podcast. They are also very easy to create, they do not need any picture quality, any day-night light scenes just recorded audios which can be played at any time.
You can easily distribute your content by inculcating these tips and can take your business to another level. High top-notch content created is all wasted if the right audience is not viewing it. With the help of a perfect content distribution strategy, you will be able to get loyal customers, boost your brand awareness, encourage people to read your content, and whatnot.